What is a Mens Shed?
A Men’s Shed is a place where all men, regardless of age, background, or ability:
• Are respected, valued and belong, and can comfortably use and pass on their practical skills and knowledge.
• Learn through doing stuff together – each man is a teacher and a learner, each having different levels of skills, professional and practical, to share collectively.
• Can come together and help out in their communities.
• Can just come and have a chat and a cuppa if that is all they’re looking for.
• Can talk about things that are important to them, and can improve their own wellbeing by keeping physically, mentally and socially active.
Our Mens Sheds
**Due to current COVID 19 restrictions, our Mens Sheds are open in a limited capacity only and via members sign up. New members are welcome to join as of Monday 21st of June. Please find joining instructions here.
We have created a video which features the three sheds and our members view on life in the shed! Check it out here.
Check out this Post which features a BBC radio interview with one of our Limavady Shed members on shed life and the impact of it on him and his family
Other Mens Sheds in the UK and Ireland
For general information about mens sheds in Northern Ireland click here.