What is a Mens Shed?
A Men’s Shed is a place where all men, regardless of age, background, or ability:
• Are respected, valued and belong, and can comfortably use and pass on their practical skills and knowledge.
• Learn through doing stuff together – each man is a teacher and a learner, each having different levels of skills, professional and practical, to share collectively.
• Can come together and help out in their communities.
• Can just come and have a chat and a cuppa if that is all they’re looking for.
• Can talk about things that are important to them, and can improve their own wellbeing by keeping physically, mentally and socially active.
Check out more information about mens sheds in Northern Ireland here.
We have three Mens Sheds located in : Limavady, Foreglen and Portstewart.
We have created a video which features the three sheds and our members view on life in the shed! Check it out here.
New members can choose which shed they wish to attend, check out each of the shed pages for details on their locations and opening days and times. Also check out our membership page for further details on becoming a member.